Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pesarattu

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup moong dal. Soaked overnight.
1 inch ginger
5 green chilli
1/4 tsp Turmeric
5-6 coriander sprigs
Water
Salt to taste (appr. 1 1/2 tsp)

Method:
1) All the ingredients mentioned above to dosa batter like consistency. No need to for it ferment
2) Heat a non-stick pan (on high). Take a ladle-ful of batter and spread it into thin circular disc. After 2 mins, flip to the other side.
DONE!!!
Serve with any kind of coconut chutney.. yum!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Akhila,

    I wanted to try something new today as I was bored. I found this link on my FB wall. Came here to see what you've got. I know how to make most of this but thought I'd let you know I am going to make shavige. I had forgotten I had a packet of it and your blog reminded me about it. I love the way you end every post with and it is DONE! :) That just makes every thing look so simple. Brilliant. Keep this blog going.

    Greeshma

    p.s: My mom told me to add about quarter cup of tea decoction to channa masala to give it a better flavour. I have not yet tried it. You can...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea decoction! thats a first :) But will surely try it.. coz mums know best :)

    ReplyDelete